Thursday 19 February 2015

Celtic Wolf - WIP post 8

Above is as always the reminder of where I was before I started stitching. Yesterday was not a good stitching day. I ached quite a bit as I'd pushed myself too much on Tuesday with the pancakes and I'd had to take my oldest son to an appointment and do grocery shopping - my body hated me for it. I did however take my embroidery to the appointment and did some of the blue backstitching while I was there. When I got home I finished it. So far so good

Then I started cross stitching and things seemed to go well, seemed because at 89 stitches in I discovered that my stitches were off - and the place it went wrong was 5 stitches in from the beginning of what I'd done. This was one of those times when fudging was not an option so I had to rip it out. Have you ever noticed that the ripping seems to take twice as long as putting the stitches in?
If you look carefully you can see where I had to rip between the curved cheek area and the woven strands.

Total stitched: 89 - 89 = 0
Total backstitched: 22.87 inches.
Total stitched so far: 4086 +  33.62 inches of back stitching.

See you tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Oh no :( Yes I have noticed that ripping takes twice as long as stitching. In my case it's fear of ruining the fabric and the thread. Sometimes I'm able to re-use the thread if I was very careful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too usually manage to re-use the thread, however things were really against me as the thread was evil and broke/shredded so I had to throw it away.

      Delete
  2. Unacceptable!! However, you are still "ahead" so days like this are okay. Besides, you will forge ahead in no time....after James leaves of course :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry :( I did my best! Yes that I am, but not for much longer till after James leaves - setting stitching records with my bf visiting doesn't really go too well hehe.

      Delete
  3. Frogging is evil...good thing you tackled it right away, so you can start the part right over with new motivation when you have the time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I hate frogging! I knew that if I didn't frog straight away I'd end up postponing it and then the UFO status would be looming round the corner.

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.