For more information as to what Stitch From Stash (SFS) is, please click the button above.
From last month the carry over was € 29.59
This month:Month: May
Budget: € 25.00
Earned: € 14.68
Carry over: (€ 29.59 + € 14.68 + € 25.00) - € 20.00 = € 49.27
My subscription stuff:I have a monthly subscription at Jodyri for the monthly hand dyed fabric, monthly hand dyed thread and a subscription for a set of 5 threads from the standard collection. May's theme was Birthday Candles as it's the site's second year of doing business.
My earnings:The May ornaments:
This month I finished 2 ornaments as usual using the pattern I've made for my Ornament of the Month SAL. The fabric is 16ct antique white Aida that I got last summer when I was in the UK and the threads are from my stash, most of which were collected before 1995 though of course I have since added any new colours and topped up colours I finished. The seed beads I bought this month and the pendent beads I already had.
As you can see the photo's were taken on different days, in reality they are both the same colour. The bigger ornament is 47 stitches square and the smaller one 35 stitches square so each ornament earns me $ 4.00 each for a total of $ 8.00 which according to the currency converter today is € 7.34
Fob a Month May Edition:
For May's Fob a Month I made a two sided fob - one red and one blue. I used fabric thread and beads mostly from older stash, but one of the threads was bought last month. You can find the pattern here: A Fob a Month - 3. It's 28 x 36 stitches, which according to the rules should be calculated to a square (28+36 = 64/2=32) so the fob earns me $ 4.00 per side for a total of $ 8.00 which is € 7.34
This brings my total earnings at: € 7.34 + € 7.34 = € 14.68
I have not finished anything else yet but I have been working very hard to make June's ornaments as there are 3 birthstones in June, one of which has 2 very different colours depending on the light source, so I designed a pattern for each! I will also have to complete Celtic Wolf - the beading was a disaster so I'm back to stitching the neck area after all - the deadline for this is June 30th. So next month there will be lots of finishes.