Friday 15 September 2017

Friday Freebie: French Lily

This week's pattern was inspired by another background in a medieval manuscript that I saw some time ago. I loved the tiny French lilies set in a grid of gold lines so decided to see if I could recreate it.

To keep it small I had to make the diagonal lines out of backstitch otherwise it would have been a lot bigger. You could use some gold braid instead of the triple backstitch line and couch that in place.

You can find the pattern here

See you next week for the next instalment of my medieval manuscript series!

2 comments:

  1. A real classic - I bet it looks stunning done all in gold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed! I think it will do - all I need is more time :D

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.