Saturday 2 September 2017

Fridayish Freebie - Wedding Background

Some of you may have noticed that I love using medieval manuscripts and art as inspiration for patterns - this is another of those times, and it is in fact the start of a small series of medieval inspired patterns I'm going to share here. Most of these patterns can be made any size you want as long as you stick to a repeat of the pattern.

Some of the patterns are similar in colour or in some of the elements making them look similar even if they are not. Some have bright colours, others stick to red/blue and perhaps gold or silver as the third colour. Few have more than 6 colours and more than a few use gold or silver.

This pattern was inspired by an image of a medieval wedding where there was a wall hanging with this pattern in the background.

I have charted the pattern to have a crossed stitched background but of course if you prefer you can just use coloured fabric instead.

You can find the pattern here

With any luck I'll actually have the energy and time to do a WIP Wednesday post soon, things have been going better now I'm more used to my meds and now the kids are back at school again the busy time is over, though I currently have my bf over for the weekend so it's not *that* quiet.

2 comments:

  1. That's a great looking pattern, you're really doing awesome things with these medieval manuscripts! Glad to hear you're starting to feel better as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been having a lot of fun with them too :D Thanks!I am glad the meds are doing their thing without making me so ill.

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.