Monday 17 September 2012

UFO #6 is completed!

This is the 6th UFO I have completed. It's Maria van Scharrenburg's  "water" themed embroidery: seashells (pattern id: 8475 F / 4915 E). It's 8 x 8 inches / 20 x 20 cm when completed and I had partially done the largest shell of the pattern before I set it aside sometime before October 2000. I can place the date so well as I'd kept the kit in it's original package and it had dog hairs in it from my last dog who died in October 2000 but it didn't have dog hairs from the dog I looked after for a couple of months in 2001.

If you wish to see the project as it progressed please check the September blog posts.

As I mentioned in earlier posts the image on the kit package is not the same colour as what I ended up with - I'm really rather disappointed as I bought the kit because of the greens and browns shown and wasn't expecting blue and pink shells. As I really rather dislike pink I'm less than happy with the result despite it being a decent pattern and if I'd known it had so much pink in it I wouldn't have bought it in the first place.

To save on searching for it the image is here:

The pattern itself is good, easy to read and the kit included plenty of floss to embroider with - I could probably manage to do most of a second version with what's left but I probably won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.