Tuesday 9 June 2015

Celtic Wolf - WIP post 34

This is where I started yesterday, the grid done in the lightest gold, some red Kreinik and a large part of the copper also done. Yesterday I started filling in some more red Kreinik and I started filling in the background to the copper with 2 colours of DMC gold - E3821 and E3852. I am very happy that it's possible to see the difference between the different golds even when close together as I was a bit worried that it wouldn't be.
One thing I noticed last night is that stitching such large sparkly areas with light shining on my work is quite a strain on my eyes, especially as I can't do straight lines of stitching but have to work around the copper. This means I can't zoom ahead and do a gazillion stitches a day, especially if I have appointments to go to but I can take it along now as I don't need the pattern to know which colour goes where.

Stitches done: 386
Total stitches:  14256
Total backstitches: 63.62 inches
Stitches left: 3234

Till tomorrow when I will be back with another update where you will see how much I can do with a bunch of appointments lined up.

2 comments:

  1. I well believe that working with so many metallics can be a pain, but you're doing great and it's so worth it! That red/gold/copper area is looking amazing, and will be such a nice contrast to all the blue/silver :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually not so bad, but halogen lights shining on SHINY do get a bit blinding if you don't look away every now and then hehe. Yes he is! The red/gold is looking great so far as you will see in today's post :)

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.