Thursday 7 April 2016

Easter Eggs 3 & 4

As you may have read in my previous post I'm on an Easter egg ornament stitching binge while stitching up the 6 Easter egg patterns NevaSirenda has made available using her Ukrainian heritage as inspiration. The egg above is the third egg and second largest of them all which I finished into a 3 5/8" x 2 1/4" egg. It was the most complicated of the eggs due to the many colour changes so it's taken me the longest of all of them to stitch. I used yellow silver lined seed beads to stitch it together.

This is the 4th egg, made for 2014, and it's the biggest of the lot! I loved stitching this one, the pattern flowed nicely and I love the end result! I can imagine doing some of the bands as part of a band sampler, just because they are so fun to do. As you can see I also finished this one up as an egg, this time using TOHO silver lined Green Emerald (colour code TR-11-36) size 11 seed beads. It's a 'whopping" 4 1/4" x 2 3/4" finished size.



I used craft thread to make the hanging loops of both of the ornaments.

I'm already working on the 5th one, the 2015 egg and then there will be only one left to make! I am both happy and sad about this, happy because I will finally have done these ornaments that I've been wanting to do for so long and sad because I will have to wait a good part of a year before the next one, if NevaSirenda makes another one.

2 comments:

  1. You know, I'm still very envious that for the LIFE OF ME I cannot make that twisted cord! You have told me how time and again, but it is just a talent I do not possess. I love your eggs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since my Kreinik custom corder arrived it's been much easier for me to make the cord - and less painful as I don't have to do all the twisting any more. You can do it too with that, it's really easy to use :) (for those that don't know me and are reading this later on... no, I'm not affiliated [if only...])

      Thanks!

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.