Wednesday 8 March 2017

WIP Wednesday: SAL updates

It's been a busy week for me and the weekend was even busier as my bf was over for the weekend! As a result I didn't get so much stitching done (I bet that was a surprise lol) but I did get some stitching done as my bf is wonderful and supportive. The first image is the Vakje per Week SAL as you saw it last week. Below you can see where I ended up this week.

I decided to use green and browns again as that work best for trees IMO I used DMC 92 and Cosmo 8037 for this, they both have a nice long colour change so you can get quite a few stitches in before you see it change from one shade to the next. The trees fought back and I had to rip several times to make it work right but the end result is 8 happy little trees that are all different.

While I wait for the next pattern I'm going to plot what to do in the 3 stitch space available to me between the trees and the box on the left hand side - or at least to decide which of the remaining micro boxes from the logo square of the pattern to use as the basis for the long rectangle. I think that after that I should be able to go ahead and add the beads to the first 2 boxes I did at the top as they will no longer be in the way of the hoop.
Next up is the Linen and Threads 2017 Mystery Band Sampler that I'm working on Above is where I was last week and below you can see where I am now
I am still working on the January band - it's huge! I have finished the bigger flowers now and have started doing the lower area and the branches where the birds are sitting. I'm planning on doing the birds in another colour so they stand out more, probably one of the blue shades in the variegated thread. Speaking of the variegated thread I realised that the smaller and larger skeins I have are not from the same dye lot, and the differences is fairly noticeable once you get to the greens.

Unfortunately the smaller skein has run out already so I've had to start using the larger skein already, something I'd hoped to do when there were some other colours in between the two - ah well.. it will work out in the end. I'll be working on this for the next few days and hope to finish January by the end of the week.

I did not work on either of the other two SAL's this week, or any  other stitching - who knows what the next week will bring. Till then happy stitching and don't forget to check in on Friday (or Saturday if I'm late as often happens) for the next Mucha Princess freebie pattern!

4 comments:

  1. I'm really loving how these are coming along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D I am having fun doing them so that makes it easy to keep up even though I started late.

      Delete
  2. It's so nice to see steady stitching progress from you again :) Both bands look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's nice to be back to stitching, the crochet project really took over for a while but now I can do this again :)

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.