Saturday 30 December 2017

NYE Mystery SAL: Part 1

Welcome to the NYE Mystery SAL! For the next day and a bit you will be given a new part for the mystery pattern every 3 hours - starting now!
Just in case you missed the first post about it here is the post with the information about the NYE Mystery SAL

Being the spoilsport I am, I won't be sharing any pictures on this blog till it's done so that the first time you see what the next part looks like is when you open the pattern PDF.

You will notice as you get more parts that the file names are all a bit weird - this is to avoid anyone sneaking a peek at the files ahead of the allotted time - yes there are people who actually try that as they are just too impatient to find out what it will look like, so to keep the spirit of the SAL, I have tried to make that very, very difficult!

The pattern is centred!

You can find the pattern here

See you in 3 hours (or so if you need more time to stitch this part) and have fun!

Don't worry! If you need to do things like sleep, feed the hungry hordes, be social etc. etc. the parts will still be there when you get back! I don't remove patterns from my blog and they stay free!

On all social media sites the tag to use is:  #nyemysterysal  lets make the world see what we are up to!

PS: Don't forget there is a Facebook group to share your stitching results and ask any questions which you can find here

Also, I will award a prize to someone who posts a picture of a finished stitched item - so not just the stitching finished but also finish finished.

To be in for the running all you need to do is ONE of the things below (if you do more that's wonderful but to keep it fair for people who only use one place each person only counts once):
  • Post your picture in the Facebook group
  • Post a picture on your blog (please post a link to your blog in the comments of the last blog post so I can find it - I'll let you know which one to comment with the link on)
  • Post a picture on twitter (please include @magical525 so I know about it)
  • Post a picture on Instagram (please include @magical525 so I know about it)
  • Post a picture on Deviant Art (please include @magical525 so I know about it)
I'll look around on the 8th of January and put the names in the hat and let one of my kids pull a name and you will be the recipient of something via snail mail. So to get the prize you have to be ok with me knowing an addy to which I can send it (if you don't want to be counted post the finish finished picture after the 8th).

3 comments:

  1. are all the patterns to end up on one piece of fabric?? If so, What stitch count would the final design be?? I didn't see on the website

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes all parts are on the same piece of fabric - the stitch count is 41 stitches square and the pattern you see is centred on the fabric. - you will need 4 colours in total btw. The size and threads was covered in this post: http://magicalquilts.blogspot.com/2017/12/nye-mystery-sal.html

      Delete
    2. I have edited the post to add that in just in case someone else comes along and needs the information - so many thanks for pointing that out ! :D

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.